5 cups – Fresh sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
2 1/3 cups – Canned, low –sodium garbanzo beans with liquid
½ cup – Fresh green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons – vegetable oil
½ teaspoon – salt
½ teaspoon – granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon – ground black pepper
½ teaspoon – onion powder
½ teaspoon – ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place shredded potatoes on a large baking pan sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or slightly tender. Do not overcook.
3. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a food processor or blender, puree garbanzo beans, including the liquid, until smooth.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine shredded sweet potatoes, pureed garbanzo beans, green onions, vegetable oil, salt, garlic, pepper, onion powder, and cinnamon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 40 – 45 minutes to make tots easier to form.
6. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, roll 36 tots. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the tots with a spoon or a fork. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve hot.